My practice as a Design Facilitator has evolved from my career as a fine artist. I have spent the last 6 years facilitating collaborations across design and medical specialisms - most notably through my design consultancy OurOwnsKIN and previous network sKINship. I specialise in enhancing knowledge transfer across medical, material and apparel sectors during early phases of product development.
Design Research - Co-Creation
- Designing future footwear concepts with patients living with Epidermolysis Bullosa - Kings College London - Reboot Project,
- Patient narrative workshops – Exploring experiences of complex breast reconstruction – The Welsh Centre for Burns and Plastic Surgery,
- Nipple Reconstruction workshops for breast reconstruction patients - The Welsh Centre for Burns and Plastic Surgery,
- Knowledge transfer - Pattern cutting workshops with plastic surgeons – St Thomas’ Hospital + The Welsh Centre for Burns and Plastic Surgery,
- Clothing customisation workshops for breast reconstruction patients - The Welsh Centre for Burns and Plastic Surgery,
- Pattern cutting combined with plastic surgery - The Institute of Making, Kings College London,
- Surgical flap design and suturing techniques - Secret Cinema + Guerrilla Science,
- Origami Plastic Surgery - Getting Under Your Skin - Wellcome Collection,
- Design for future healthcare – Central St Martins – BA Textiles Design course,
- Future Bodies - HEAD Geneva - MA Accessory Design course,
- The Body in Contemporary Design - Collaborative project between The Royal College of Art (Goldsmithing, Silversmithing, Metalwork and Jewellery course) + The Wellcome Trust.
- Collaboration and Craft - Pattern Cutting and Plastic Surgery – Gerrit Reitveld Academie, Amsterdam - BA contemporary jewellery,